The C-suite consists of three-letter abbreviations starting with the letter “C”. The C-suit originally derive from the USA and indicates the authority and position in the business of its top managers.
In addition to the CEO, officers who report directly to the CEO, the so-called “second-tier”, are included. Their position (title) is usually shortened to three letters that start with a C and end with an O.
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
- Chief Creative Officer (CCO).
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
- Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Chairman of the Board (COB).
- Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
- •Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- and so on…
To these management positions can be added the COB, which is an abbreviation of the “Chairman of the Board”. A synonym to C-suite is C-level.